2019-07-18

HUMMEL: Little Miss Explosion

Fonts used: Allura; Edo; League Gothic.
A redesign of Hummel's "Lady Explosion", under a different title. I didn't like the original one -- that is both the cover and the title --, so when I was redesigning the cover, I started thinking of a backstory for the main character, and I ended up deciding she would be a 9 year old beauty pageant contestant (10 by the time the story ends, her 10th birthday being a major plot point), and the new title came naturally from that. I'm not entirely sure where the idea came from, but I liked it, so I stuck with it.

The title sounds like it's a reference to Little Miss Sunshine, and it could be, though I have never watched the movie and only have a passing understading of its plot. Why I would be thinking of that movie at all is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment